Sunday, April 20, 2008

Guess who I met?


Actually you probably don't know her but......Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to a secondary education teacher's conference luncheon. I didn't know anything about the conference until my friend, Barbara Dixon just happened to come by on Friday night and mentioned it and showed me the list of guest speakers and low and behold on the list was Jacqueline Woodson, an African American author whom I have long admired. I don't believe in coincidence I know that I was suppose to meet her, so I rushed right out and got a seat in the luncheon. It was wonderful, she is a great writer having won numerous awards and her speech was so inspirational for anyone wanting to write. What a treat, and I purchased a copy of 2 of her books, one for Jada and one for me and had her to autograph them. I baby sat Jada Saturday night and we shared the book entitled "Show Way." It is a great picture book story for families about family history from slavery until the present. It talked abut how we all have to "follow the road" to what we want out of life. I don't know about you guys but at my age I am still on the road discovering what I want to become! So I say to you all "follow the road!"

No comments: